The Corporate Parts Procurement/Purchasing Manager must have an on-going desire to attain industry and product knowledge and be able to use that knowledge to design successful purchasing relationships which allow the company to price our products, primarily heavy and medium-duty truck related parts and accessories, competitively; thereby, positioning CIT as the market leader in a very competitive industry.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Establish, develop, and maintain successful working relationships with vendors and parts vendors and OEMs.
- Train, direct, coordinate, and assist CIT Parts Managers in managing the Company’s inventory investments and parts sales effort by asking questions, listening carefully to their responses, and using that information to create strategies that will maximize the Company's return on invesment.
- Serve the customers' needs and assist in the sale of our products.
- Create strategies that will maximize the Company’s return on investment, serve the customers’ needs and assist in the sale of our products.
- Work closely with vendors on a consistent basis to develop and recommend to the CFO bulk buy opportunities that will provide our sales people and managers with a competitive pricing edge and/or increase our gross margins.
- Consistently develop and refine logistical distribution of bulk parts purchases throughout the CIT dealership network.
- Oversee Central Parts Warehouse operations
- Maintain consistent, effective communication with CIT General Managers specifically regarding decisions that will impact their dealership parts operations.
- Attend management, and training meetings as required.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.